OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
The Information Security Consulting Engineer is the rockstar who intuitively understands the relationship between IT, the business, and the architects. Security needs to be involved early and often on every project, and the Consulting Engineer is ready to help. This role regularly meets with the IT teams, along with other areas of the business, to help interpret and communicate risk. He or she creates solutions that will keep our clients’ and company’s information secure. Things move fast here; we enable the business to keep that pace.
The Information Security Consulting Engineer is less of a “hands-on” role, but more of one that brings together multiple teams to keep security’s seat at the table. Ideal applicants are quick, deliberate thinkers, detail-oriented, brave enough to take risks, and assumption challengers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide an interface between the business, project management, architect, and information security teams for new projects
· Evaluate project plans and technical details to guarantee security is baked-in across the board
· Consult to the business on proper information handling, transmission, and storage
· Work with the Information Security Analysts to develop new audits that address new projects
· Perform risk assessments on systems, services, and applications
· Collaborate with Information Security Architects to build new policies and standards
· Other duties as required
· 3+ years experience in a technical IT and/or IT security role
· Understanding and practical experience in at least 3 of the following:
o Network design and architecture
o Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
o Mobile security (e.g. tablet computing, smartphones)
o Incident response
o Encryption / PKI
o Database security
o Metrics definition and implementation
· “Options Before Obstacles” mentality
· Strong passion for information security
· 100% trustworthy, and able to maintain strict confidentiality
· High sense of urgency
· Outstanding written, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Analytical thinker
· Ability to look at all situations objectively, loves to challenge assumptions
· Comfort with acting decisively with limited information
· Agnosticism on technology and platform
· Independent worker with minimal supervision
· Efficient, but methodical in a fast-paced environment
· Love for mentoring, cross-training and building stronger teams
· CISSP, GIAC, GSEC or other security certifications a plus
· Knowledge of the mortgage / financial industry
· Practical knowledge of any combination of PCI-DSS, GLBA, HIPAA, state/federal privacy laws
· Experience working in a probabilistic, quantitative risk management program
· Experience working in a decentralized IT environment
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.