Bedrock’s Health, Safety and Environmental Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with managers throughout the Company and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor team members regarding safe work. The EH&S Manager will evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. Their chief goal is to protect the team members, clients and the environment.
Vice President of Engineering and Sustainability
- Design and implement Health, Safety, and Environmental programs, and related technical/safety training in accordance with applicable regulatory policies and Bedrock requirements
- Implementation of the Health, Safety, and Environmental management systems in all project phases
- Provide technical direction on all Health, Safety, and Environmental /Technical Training decisions to overall operations
- Maintain compliance in accordance with company policies, state, and federal law
- Audit internal and vendor processes
- Promote culture that prioritizes Health, Safety, and Environmental mitigation across Bedrock
- Conduct workplace risk assessments across the portfolio and make recommendations
- Lead and participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Strive to keep Bedrock on the forefront of all Health, Safety, and Environmental related topics
- Conduct Health, Safety, and Environmental related trainings as needed
- Prepare and maintain all applicable Health, Safety, and Environmental reports
- Evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Create and maintain a Safety Incentive Program
- Investigate accidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future
- Perform other Health, Safety, and Environmental related duties as required
- Complete any required trainings in order to better support Bedrock
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with all Bedrock teams.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advance level user of Microsoft Office Suite
- OSHA Confined Space Entry/Attendant Certification
- SPCC-Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure
- Standard First Aid/Adult CPR Certification
- Risk Based Corrective Action Certification
- MS Office Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CHMM-Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Lead-Safe Certified
- 5+ years in related field
- Proven experience in procedural writing and program roll out
- Quantifiable track record of safety performance improvements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor Degree (or higher) in a related field, or equivalent experience and certifications in Health, Safety, and Environmental focused curriculum.