The Hedge Desk Trader has the responsibility of hedging our multi-billion dollar pipeline of rate locks and closed loans. They investigate trading opportunities to reduce hedge cost and increase secondary gains, and they build advanced financial models and reports to improve our hedge strategy and performance.
- Calculate our daily at-risk position, reconcile differences between actual and forecasted results and execute our hedge strategy using MBS forwards and options
- Monitor markets and market color; effectively incorporate these variables into our daily and overall hedge strategy
- Discover strategies to improve how we hedge our mortgage pipeline to reduce hedge cost/increase secondary gains
- Seek out new trading counterparties and investors for both our flow trades and specified bonds to maximize secondary income
- Create advance financial/risk models and reports
- Bachelor's degree in math, finance or related field
- Thorough understanding of the mortgage origination process and the fixed income markets
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills
- Strong sense of urgency in executing tasks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to research and resolve issues independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with peers, senior leaders and the broker/dealer community
Quicken Loans Inc.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.
Not ready to apply? Click here to create a profile and stay connected with Quicken Loans and our Family of Companies.