The Team Leader of Quality Control Servicing ensures all elements of our Quality Control process meet government and agency guidelines as well as the policy procedures impacting our Servicing team. This leader is also responsible for the onboarding, training and development of all team members.
- Manage all components of a comprehensive quality control program to meet the requirements of all agencies and regulatory bodies involved with mortgage servicing
- Manage all servicing-related audits utilizing agency guidelines, company overlays, CFPB, state and federal guidelines
- Maintain a current understanding of applicable federal and state laws and regulations, general servicing, and secondary marketing investor guidelines related to mortgage servicing
- Understand the big picture of servicing to ensure a risk-based auditing approach is created, implemented and revised as necessary to support the business operations of a large servicing portfolio
- Maintain and update all relevant quality assurance policies and procedures, including monitoring and testing guidelines
- Oversee and provide guidance to the team members to help them set and meet performance goals
- Support and participate in a strong feedback loop between servicing, compliance and quality assurance groups to ensure communication of results, trends and areas for improvement
- Participate in the preparation, reporting and presentation of monthly quality control results as well as root-cause analysis and potential training opportunities. Develop reports and presentations based on quality control results
- Maintain industry contacts to keep abreast of current trends and risks associated with a large servicing portfolio
- Assist in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of mortgage servicing experience
- 2–5 years in a leadership role. Actual auditing experience is required
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with advanced Excel skills
- Proven ability to adapt and lead through change
- Proficiency in mortgage loan documents
- Analytical thinking; ability to assess problems and determine the correct resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Knowledge of MSP (Black Knight) and TENA services
The Associate Counsel will work independently on a variety of advisory, internal investigative and employment litigation matters for specified teams and business partners, including Human Resources, Security, Risk and Compliance. The Associate Counsel will also work with the Deputy General Counsel, providing guidance and direction to team members under their direct supervision.
- Assist Corporate Counsel with the drafting, review and management of client service agreements
- Support a variety of regulatory projects and assist Senior Team Leaders with identifying and resolving regulatory issues across multiple business units
- Experience including employment relations, contract negotiation and drafting, litigation management and regulatory research (both interpretation and implementation)
- Additional experience in the areas of residential mortgage banking and title insurance is a plus
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with a solid, working knowledge of the “alphabet soup” of state and federal regulations directly impacting Quicken Loans core mortgage business including RESPA, TILA, FCRA, ECOA, etc.
- Conduct internal audits of practices to identify possible violations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively advise and assist business clients in implementing practical solutions to a broad range of corporate legal issues
- Such duties may be assigned from time-to-time by the Director of Leadership Development
- Drives successful people outcomes by creating a great place to work and leading strategic talent management activities including successful leadership coaching and development, effective talent and performance management, and rigorous and successful hiring and training practices
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school
- 4-6 years of legal experience, preferably in a small to mid-size general practice law firm or as an in-house “jack-of-all-trades"
- 3-5 years mortgage compliance experience
- Ability to Compose, and proofread various documents; draft, review and revise license agreements and amendments
- Member in good standing with the State Bar of Michigan (or another state and eligible for admission in Michigan)
- HUD, Ginnie, and reverse mortgage experience a plus
What'll Make You Special:
- Leadership: This position is not a leadership role (i.e. they have no team members reporting to them)
- Working conditions: Other than a walk to the bathroom or an occasional flying football, this position is pretty safe and static.
Quicken Loans Inc.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.
Not ready to apply? Click here to create a profile and stay connected with Quicken Loans and our Family of Companies.